Monday, March 22, 2010

the word [] the work [] the word





These are works from my first semester at MICA (Maryland Institute College of Art). I found at this time that I was more confused than anything else. This juxtaposition of imagery probably describes my mind better than words really could. Looking at it now, I'm still not sure how one image led to another. By no means are these in chronological order or linked by any conscious prevailing theme. I was trying to answer given prompts one at a time, all with different styles (unintentionally though). I had no defining style and no set beliefs. This four month period was solely based on experiment. I have found though, that most of my work has is in search of understanding of humanity, what makes us human (more than animal) and if there is even a distinction to be made. I'm dealing more with this second semester (as well as my more technical assignments) now that I have an equal weight in both the technical and conceptual aspects in my classes. Overall, I feel more passionate and confident. More images to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment