Sunday, April 18, 2010

The World Flooded in My Lap and I Knew It Would.

""""

The acid in my stomach is rising

and I can for once feel the physical toll

of my anxiety.


The things I can't help

or can't hide from

are the invisible hands pushing my back,

and I can finally see this.


I try to hold myself up with pure force.

The equilibrium that I have during all of this makes me

smile because it was supposed to be this way all along.


When I stand outside of my mind

and see the world unfold,

the water from the earth drops,

leaving the core to float along in space

bare and tiny, the way we'd never expect to see it.


The earth's water pours onto me

like a forceful shower.

I'm still faced forward.

I'm unprepared

and on the ground.

I'm unsurprised by all of this.


The things I can't help

are many,

maybe even all.


""""




No comments:

Post a Comment